13 Mussoorie: Web Series Review
Cast: Shriya Pilgaonkar, Viraf Patel, Naved Aslam, Kashyap Shangari, Mir Sawar, Mrinal Dutt, Shray Rai Tiwari, Teena Singh, Jay Bodas, Ashwini Koul
Director: Abhijit Das.
Genre: Thriller, Mystery.
Channel: Viu India.
Release Date: 12th October, 2018.
Synopsis: 13 Mussoorie is the spine-chilling case of a serial killer named ‘Aks’ roaming the streets of Mussoorie. Aditi, the daughter of a police officer named Ajay Bisht, discovers after Ajay’s death, that he was actually the serial killer who terrorized the city four years ago. For a twist, a new killer, who has adopted the identity of Aks, is in town. Only Aditi knows that he is a copycat killer. Will she able to find the killer before he destroys all that is important to her, including her loved ones?
- It is an interesting watch. The concept of a small town ravaged by a serial killer hasn’t been explored much in Indian shows and 13 Mussoorie is a great attempt at such a thrilling murder mystery.
- It has a gripping storyline and manages to capture the audience’s attention from the start.
- The story jumps into action right from the very first scene, wasting no time at all, and later, skillfully lays down the background in various segments.
- The screenplay is fast-paced and there are constant twists and turns happening throughout the story. It makes the audience suspect multiple characters as the story continues, which is the best way to surprise them at the actual revelation.
- The actors have performed their roles well. Shriya Pilgaonkar, in the role of Aditi, has managed to steal the screen, with a good performance of an afraid, confused, yet a determined daughter, trying to find the killer and save her loved ones. Viraf Patel, Naved Aslam, and Teena Singh have done a good job as well.
- A lot of the characters in the story are flat and two-dimensional. There is a lack of depth in characters and they do not have a character arc or a proper back-story.
- At times, things seem pretty convenient and easy for the main character to figure out. The elements that take the story forward are served on a silver platter, and Aditi does not have to take much effort or struggle for it.
13 Mussoorie manages to be a thrilling storyline, even without the absolute ‘keep you at the edge of your seats’ thrills.
- Actress Shriya Pilgaonkar made her Bollywood debut with the 2016 Shahrukh Khan-starrer film, Fan.
- Viraf Patel has acted in various TV shows, which includes Mahi Way, Kismat, Ek Boond Ishq, and Naamkarann, among others.
Also Read: Side Hero Web Series Review