ARRived: Web Series Review
Judges: A. R. Rahman, Clinton Cerejo, Shaan, and Vidya Iyer.
Contestants: Nandinee Sarkar, Antara Nandy, Altaf Shazudeen, Shivam Mishra, Sanish Nair, Surbhi Deshputra, Mugda Hasbins, Swagat Rathod, Unnati Shah, Yashika Sikka, Sudhanshu, Yash Kapoor, Madhur Dheer, Pooja Tiwari, Abdul Sheikh, Sam Chandel, Jaya Rohilla, Ajay Tiwari, Sarthak Kalyani, Priyasmita Ghosh, Ravi Mishra, Deepakshi Kalita, Pavitra Balaji, Divyam Sodhi, Amrita Talukder, Jayvardhan, Tejinder Singh, Nikhil Shetty, Anurag Mohapatra, and Shazi Ahmed.
Director: Aniruddh Dikhit, and Saahil Chhabria.
Language: Hindi, English.
Genre: Musical Reality Show.
Channel: A. R. Rahman (YouTube).
Release Date: 7th November 2018.
A YouTube original musical reality show, ARRived is an initiative to find the one authentic and unique voice, who can be the voice of the Anand Rai’s movie Zero. From over 1000 contestants from all over the country, top 100 were selected to showcase their talent to the panel of judges- A. R. Rahman, Clinton Cerejo, Shaan, and Vidya Iyer- from which 30 would be selected to compete against each other in the Bootcamp round. These 30 would then be divided into 4 houses of Pop, Rock, Ballad, and Tradition, and best 10 will be chosen for the Gala round. Only the three participants who have achieved the position on top 3 of trending charts with their persistent performance will reach the finals, and among them, one winner will be chosen to sing in the movie.
- The final 10 contestants are given marks out of 80, based on their performance, determining their position on the trending charts. If someone’s performance is extremely brilliant, A. R. Rahman gives them a bonus 20 points by hitting the share button, which also features them on Rahman’s social media platforms. This transparent and fair method makes it an interesting and pleasant watch from the mainstream reality shows.
- Background stories of some of the contestants are shown, in a non-dramatic manner, letting the viewers connect and know about their favorite singers more.
- The special guest appearances make the show much more interesting and engaging. From the Zero team, director Anand L. Rai, music composers Ajay-Atul, actors Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma graced the studio and stage on different occasions. The youth sensation Darshan Rawal was also part of an episode where the contestants had to follow the theme ‘Music has no language’, singing a song from a different language along with Hindi.
- The 10 singers from all over the country, provide a varying and exciting experience with their versatile talent and unique voices, making you wait for the next episode to come out as soon as possible.
- The finale takes place at a stadium in form of a live concert, where the finalists get to perform with the maestro A. R. Rahman himself. Shaan, Clinton, and Vidya also give their own live stage performances, all of which proves to be a golden opportunity for viewers to see the ace musicians perform live.
- The viewers get to see A. R. Rahman performs the Indian Hockey Anthem, Jai Hind Hind India, exclusively for the first time on ARRived.
- Not a single note.
If you’re a music connoisseur, ARRived is a musical treat with the masters and some fresh, new voice.
- The top 3 finalists will get a free scholarship at Rahman’s K. M. Music Conservatory, Chennai and one lucky participant will get a free scholarship for the five-week session at the Berkeley College of Music, Boston.
- Courtesy of Cadbury Silk and Colgate, deserving performers will be chosen to be featured in the music video of the respective brands.
Watch The Entire Musical Journey Here:
Also Read: The Family Vacation: Web Series Review