Cyanide Poisoning, Abhay, Episode 4: Web Series Review
Cast: Kunal Kemmu, Elnaaz Norouzi, Sandeepa Dhar, Kiran Joneja, Aayam Mehta, Ravi Khanvilkar, Alisha Chaudhary, Pratibha Goregaonkar, Namit Das.
Director: Ken Ghosh.
Genre: Thriller, Crime.
Release Date: 27th March 2019.
Somebody is luring women into a trap to steal their jewellery and killing them by cyanide poisoning. There has been a long trail of dead women for a while and with a twist of fate and one crime of necrophilia later, the Special Task Force (STF) finds a lead. Will Abhay and his team be able to track the culprit or will Abhay’s personal issues hinder in his professional process?
- With new each episode, the level of intensity for Abhay seems to increase. In this 4th episode of Abhay, Cyanide Poisoning, Abhay focuses its attention on the Aghori sect of our society, necrophilia, and greed & deception.
- This episode concentrates more on Abhay’s professional life as a police officer, and a bit less on his personal life, unlike the previous ones where the balance was 50-50. In Cyanide Poisoning only a few minutes in the beginning and the end are dedicated to Abhay and the mystery of Govind, but those few minutes leave a huge impact on the series as whole, and Abhay’s
- In previous episodes of Abhay, we have seen Abhay (Kunal Kemmu) acting out passionately and ruthlessly, with no care for law. In hindsight, it didn’t seem to matter much to anybody, but we see the consequences of it in this episode, giving it the realistic touch.
- Faith and belief are two pillars of sustenance, that prevail when nothing else does. And there are people who prey on these vulnerabilities, taking advantage. Abhay sheds light on such minds, subtly spreading awareness.
- Cyanide Poisoning’s plot fails to grab the attention as firmly, seeming quite slackening in places.
- A statutory warning as usual: the content and language of the episode can be disturbing or off-putting for some viewers. Viewers discretion is advised.
Cyanide Poisoning is worth a watch for its subtle portrayal of taboo section of our society in a blunt and raw way.
- Cyanide Poisoning marks veteran actors’ Kiran Joneja and Aayam Mehta’s debut on the web, who has worked in various Bollywood movies.
- Ken Ghosh, who has directed the first two episodes of Abhay– Bagged and Tagged, and Who Is The Daddy Now– has directed web series for ALTBalaji such as Haq Se, Dev DD, and XXX: Uncensored.
Watch The Trailer Here: