Dil Hi Toh Hai: Web Series Review
Cast: Karan Kundra, Asmita Sood, Yogita Bihani, Bijay Anand, Poonam Dhillon.
Director: Muzammil Desai.
Genre: Family Drama, Romance.
Release Date: 18th June, 2018.
Dil Hi Toh Hai is the story of the rich Noon family. The story revolves around Rithwik (Karan Kundra), who is a womanizer and does not want to get into relationships. He has already ditched someone – the female friend of the other lead Palak (Yogita Bihani), a doctor and a staunch feminist, who wants revenge and meets Rithwik at a party, where Rithwik’s father passes over their business to him.
- Dil Hi Toh Hai is bold compared to other television shows. Normally, shows shy away from depicting a kiss on the screen, especially early into the story. However, this show shows a kiss right in the first episode. It started off mature and progressive.
- Dialogues aren’t extremely extravagant and that is why, the conversations seem realistic.
- Clichéd and predictable scenes. It plays out common storyline clichés. Certain scenes are over the top and overplayed.
- Background music is too loud. While the director may have wanted to portray emotions through the music but at some points, it overwhelms the dialogue itself and can get really unpleasant.
- Although it started off a little different from the generic TV shows, there’s a high chance that it may end up on that road.
- Some scenes aren’t necessary at all. The character of Palak makes it clear she does not like to be dominated and controlled my men within the first half of the episode, but there is no need for her to keep repeating it multiple times throughout the episode.
Bold but quite clichéd at the same time.
- Karan Kundra made his acting debut with Kitani Mohabbat Hai in 2008, playing the role of Arjun Punj, which was also produced by Ekta Kapoor, just like ‘Dil Hi Toh Hai.’
Also Read: The Girl Tribe: Web Series Review