Glitch: Short Film Review
Cast: Kabir Sajid Shaikh, Mona Singh, Faisal Rashid, Vinita Joshi.
Director: Shubham Yogi.
Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Drama.
Release Date: 15th February 2019.
Karan returns from his cricket practice to an empty home and finds himself stuck in a time loop, experiencing the horrifying events unfold in new ways every time, arriving at similar results. Will he be able to find out the main cause, and get out of the loop?
- The essence of the film is extraordinarily simple: Stealing is bad. Something we have been taught since childhood. The representation of the concept, however, is brilliant. The thrilling way in which it is portrayed, makes it that much more drastic and impactful.
- Glitch portrays, in subtext, how even one inconsequential moment can lead to a dire outcome, without us even realising it, until it might be too late.
- Karan is particularly endearing in his performance, and his efforts to time travel back and forth to make it all right, creates a sense of anticipation as to what will happen on the next turn of the knob.
- The supporting actors, be it the mother, the father or the household help, light up the plot with their characters , even with their limited screen exposure, playing a vital role in the story.
- The ending twist will leave you baffled, yet with a smile on your face.
- Cinematically the whole story is portrayed from Karan’s point of view, and it is done so with proper tracking shots that emphasize it aptly.
- It can get a little dragging in the middle, but then it totally makes up for it with the ending.
A twisted story with a simple message, Glitch is definitely worth a watch.
- A Tipping Point production, Glitch is co-produced by the content creators Terribly Tiny Tales (ttt).
- Mona Singh could be seen in the widely acclaimed web series by The Viral Fever (TVF), Yeh Meri Family.
- Kabir Sajid has previously worked on web with Zee5, in their latest series Parchhayee: Ghost Stories By Ruskin Bond, Episode 1.
Watch The Short Film Here: https://www.voot.com/shows/shortcuts/1/749303/glitch/753115
Also Read: The Final Call: Web Series Review