Khamakha : Short Film Review
Cast: Harshwardhan Rane, Manjiri Phadnis
Director: Aarti Bagdi
Language: Hindi, English
Channel: humara movie
Release Date: 13 September 2016
Synopsis: A suave guy finds himself in a state transport bus when his car breaks down. In a bus full of villagers his attention is drawn to a striking girl in the adjoining row. As he tries to make a conversation, the differences become evident. Will they be able to see each other beyond the obvious and their own judgments of each other?
- The plot and never drags and you have a gentle smile all throughout the film.
- This is a simple and beautiful love-story without the usual plot devices of an antagonist or conflict between the characters.
- The dialogues by Meghna Singhee are a winner. The banter between the lead actors has a naturalistic feel and instantly relatable.
- The song composed by Amit N Dasani is simply beautiful.
- It’s interesting to see how love finds expression towards the end of their meandering debate about language, life and everything in between.
- By the time the end credits roll, you understand the two protagonists quite well. The two characters are well fleshed out while narrating a message-driven story.
- Nothing. There is no reason why one should miss this one.
- Khamakha was released on the eve of Hindi Divas since it has a reference for the use of the language the same.
- Subhash Ghai was the chief guest at the launch of your film. Director Arti Bagdi considers him as a mentor, having worked with him as an assistant director for ‘Kisna’.
- Khamakha has won the ‘Filmfare People’s Choice’ award for the Best Short Film in 2017.
Khamakha is a wistful travel tale and we wish for more like these!! The film has a simple but engaging story that is shouldered by effective performances, sparkling dialogues and a nice soundtrack.
Also Read: Interior Cafe Night: Short Film Review