One by Two: Short Film Review.
Cast: Namit Das, Manjot Singh, Kunal Gupta.
Director: Prathamesh Patil.
Language: Hindi, English.
Channel: Cheers! (YouTube Channel)
Release Date: 28 January, 2019.
Synopsis: Hardik and Lovely have been roommates for four years, but now, Lovely is moving to the US. One by Two is the story of these two roomies and their last few moments together as they recollect memories of their time together before the big final goodbye.
- Namit Das as Hardik and Manjot Singh as Lovely have managed to perfectly fit into their roles. You feel that they actually are roommates that have been living together for four years.
- The banter and jokes about each other’s names, and about the Wi-Fi password, movies, hiding beer bottles and condoms from a visiting parent, their pranks with each other, etc. really keep the short film alive and are fun to watch.
- Their conversation goes through different waves of emotions as both of them try to suppress their emotions and live their last moments together with happiness, instead of tears. Things that are unsaid can be seen on their faces and in their eyes.
- The dialogues are pretty well written and seem like an actual conversation between friends / roommates. The entire sequence with the duo has an authentic and natural feel to it.
- The new roommate, Deepak, played by Kunal Gupta, makes the place his home pretty quick. Hardik will definitely remember and miss Lovely, as seen by the end, but he sure won’t be lonely.
- The concept of the short film is sweet and simple, and the way it has been executed makes it a really good watch.
- There’s no reason you should give it a miss.
One by Two is a well-executed short film with great acting and a simple yet brilliant screenplay.
- Prathamesh Patil, is also the director of the popular short films, Half Ticket and Half Ticket 2, both starring Naveen Kasturia and Gunjan Malhotra.
- Namit Das has been a part of films like Wake Up Sid, Lafangey Parindey, Ghanchakkar, and recently, Sui Dhaaga. He played the lead in the TV show, Sumit Sambhal Lega.
- Manjot Singh has been a part of Cheers!’ web series What’s Your Status, and The Timeliners’ College Romance. He was also seen in films like Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Udaan, Fukrey, Azhar, among others.
Short Film Link: