Bhaiyya Morey: Short Film Review
Cast: Rajat Barmecha, Seema Pahwa, Imran Rashid.
Director: Vicky Barmecha.
Language: Hindi, English.
Channel: Terribly Tiny Tales (YouTube Channel).
Release Date: 24th August, 2018.
Synopsis: Sasha, a young rapper, is traveling on a dark night, when he loses control of his car and gets into an accident in a forest area. He spots an old lady and asks her for help. The two walk through the woods, chatting, in their journey to reach the old lady’s house and find help somehow. What happens next, watch and find out.
- Amidst a lot of other Raksha Bandhan short films that will make rounds during the festivities, this one stands apart due to an interesting element added to it – horror!
- The suspense is maintained properly, and so is the scare factor. Throughout the short film, you speculate what is going to happen next.
- The storyline is well-executed. The element of horror in the story had a certain degree of predictability to it, but still managed to work.
- Seema Pahwa played her role really well, successfully giving off a ‘creepy old lady in the forest’ vibe.
- The short film had a comic factor to it. It was absolutely hilarious when Sasha checks the feet of the old lady to see whether the feet are normal or not. The end had a sort of dark hilarity to it as well.
- Rajat Barmecha could’ve played his role better. There was a serious lack of expression on his face throughout various scenes like the car accident, as well as the scene when he takes a last look at the brother-sister duo.
- The camera work at the beginning is a little shabby.
Watch a brother-sister duo celebrate Raksha Bandhan in a totally different way than you probably imagined.
- Actress Seema Pahwa has worked in numerous TV shows like Hum Log, Astitva, Aandhi, Hum Ladkiya, etc. as well as films like Zubeidaa, Ankhon Dekhi, Wazir, Bareilly Ki Barfi, Shubh Mangal Saavdhan, etc.
- Rajat Barmecha made his acting debut with the film Udaan, winning a Star Screen Award for Best Male Debut for his work in the film.
Now Streaming On Youtube :-
Also Read: Matched! Short Film Review