Plus Minus: Short Film Review
Cast: Divya Dutta, Bhuvan Bam, Raj Singh Chaudhary, Neelu Kohli, Santosh Singh, Parijat Atreja.
Director: Jyoti Kapur Das.
Genre: Drama, Romance, Supernatural.
Channel: BB Ki Vines (YouTube Channel).
Release Date: 14 September, 2018.
Synopsis: A typical Punjabi woman with marriage trouble meets a young soldier named Harbhajan Singh on a train journey one fateful evening. The conversation that ensues between the two changes the woman’s outlook towards people, relationships, and life altogether.
- The film will hook you up right from the start with its interesting concept and storyline.
- The story gives you a totally different perspective on life and the people around you, highlighting that people surrounding you have both positives and negatives in them.
- Divya Dutta has delivered quite a great performance in her role of the Punjabi lady. Bhuvan Bham, too, deserves a special mention for his role as Harbhajan, a character, who is curious as well as wise. It is a job well-done, given that this is the first time Bhuvan is acting in such a short film.
- The twist that comes towards the end of the film is quite shocking and unexpected, making it more interesting than it already was.
- The film, along with its regular storyline, also highlights the life of a soldier at the border, with a stark remark that people are too focused on lives of celebrities and cricketers, and are blind towards the lives of soldiers fighting for their safety at the borders.
- The film is based on a real incident, which comes as a revelation at the end. It will force you to go to Google and Wikipedia in pursuit of the truth, which is a success of the short film in itself.
- Although the arc of Divya’s character was completed, the plot of Harbhajan’s story came to an abrupt end when she discovered his story, without further reaction or even mention. It felt like a loose end in the story.
- Bhuvan’s acting faltered a little in a couple moments, with his naughty and playful personality coming to the fore. However, it is his first proper acting debut and he has done a great job at it, so such minor moments can be neglected.
An interesting concept and storyline with an even more interesting twist.
- The writer-director of Plus Minus, Jyoti Kapur Das, is also the writer and director of one of the most watched Indian short film, Chutney, featuring Tisca Chopra.
Now Streaming On Youtube :-