SHE: Short Film Review
Cast: Ayush Tandon, Neyha Sharma, Kanishka Aggarwal, Gayasudin Sheikh, Bhupesh Bandekar, Nikhil Zope, Ashwini Kumar, Vaibhav Dixit.
Director: Ranjeeta Kaur.
Genre: Drama, Social.
Channel: Mard Official (YouTube Channel)
Release Date: 24 November, 2018.
Synopsis: SHE is a three-minute short film that provides an interesting perspective on the major problem of harassment of women in the streets, giving the message that if you want to change the country, the behavior and mentality of men needs to be changed.
- The film gives a really important message regarding not just the social evil of female harassment, but also gives a new perspective to it.
- The film highlights the various forms of harassment that women face in their day to day life – from whistles and the dirty gaze, to following, stalking, and inappropriate touching.
- The twist at the end of the short film is just simply mind-blowing and takes the short film in a whole new direction.
- Within just three minutes, the short film manages to deliver an extremely powerful story, with a strong performance by the central character, as well as incorporate an impactful twist. That is a feat in itself.
- The cinematography could have been a little better. Otherwise, there’s nothing wrong with the short film.
‘SHE’ gives a powerful message and makes an impact within a very short duration. Definitely a watch!
- The short film was released in association with Bollywood Actor Farhan Akhtar’s initiative called MARD – Men Against Rape and Discrimination.
- Ayush Tandon has acted in films such as 7 Khoon Maaf, Life of Pi, as well as Bajirao Mastani.
Watch The Film Here:
Also Read: Dum Dum Dumroo : Short Film Review