Maine London Jana Hai by Parvinder Singh: Stand-up Review
Comedian: Parvinder Singh.
Channel: Parvinder Singh (YouTube).
Release Date: 6th January 2019.
“Padha likha sardaar baat bhi nahi kar rha, Manmohan Singh ki family se hoga aur main hi isse baat kar leti hoon kyuki aurato ki baat to manta hai.”
- In his extremely jolly, what we might call as an innate Punjabi energy, Parvinder will leave you in hysterics throughout the stand-up, taking his main topic of his first flight experience and adding various related touches to it- such as Punjabis vs Delhiites, India vs Pakistan and our fantasy of having a good-looking travelling partner.
- He takes the perceptions we have about Punjabis– you know it!– and twists them into a hilarious comedy.
- As amazing as his comic piece is, Parvinder with his charm and personality makes it much more entertaining to watch- chaar chaand laga dete hai!
- Parvinder just doesn’t come to the stage, perform his bit and then leave; he engages the audiences in his comic, making you feel like an essential part of it.
- Certain content can come across as quite offensive, but as long as you keep in mind that it’s for entertainment purpose only, and not to spread hate or hurt anybody’s sentiments, all’s well.
The Final Verdict:
For 10 minute of belly-aching laughter and Punjabi charm, Maine London Jana Hai is a must watch.
Watch The Stand-up Here: