Papa, Charas and Doordarshan by Pushkar Bendre: Stand-up Review
Comedian: Pushkar Bendre.
Channel: Pushkar Bendre (YouTube).
Release Date: 15th January 2019.
“I belong to a middle class family, which basically means mere zindagi ke saare decisions Papa already kar chuke hote hai.”
- It is an absolute delight to watch Pushkar perform; from the moment he starts the piece by introducing himself and his amazing name, it ensures laughter which lasts throughout.
- In this video, Pushkar talks about Indian parents, especially fathers, of us 90s kids and the stark difference between today’s generation and their relationship with their parents. He then links it further to the good old days of Doordarshan.
- Pushkar has a blend of wit and humor. His jokes aren’t just funny, but smart as well. He doesn’t outright parodies something, he takes that topic and turns it into a subtle innuendo, that will take time to understand, but once you do, you can’t stop laughing.
- The relatable factor is too strong in this comic, making the piece personal, entertaining, and engaging.
- The little graphic designing is as funny as it is refreshing in a stand-up video.
- Apart from the fact that the ending seems too abrupt, there is nothing wrong.
The Final Verdict:
For all those who rigorously nod at all the ‘Only 90s kids will understand’, this comic piece will set your mood in a humorous way.
Watch The Stand-up Here: