The Final Call, Season Finale: Web Series Review
Cast: Arjun Rampal, Javed Jaffrey, Neeraj Kabi, Sakshi Tanwar, Anupriya Goenka, Vipin Sharma, Anshuman Malhotra, Paula McGlynn, Vineet Sharma, Harshal Arora, Sulbha Arya, Zachary Coffin.
Director: Vijay Lalwani.
Language: Hindi, English.
Genre: Thriller, Drama.
Release Date: 22nd March, 2019.
The tension and intensity in the cabin of SL502 and the base of Air Traffic Controllers (ATC) has increased, as pilot Karan Sachdeva takes the plane into a thundercloud. While Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officer Kale and flight attendant Pari is sure that Karan has deliberately put the plane and the passengers in danger, Kiran Mirza is giving him the benefit of doubt. Will Karan succumb to his demons or let them go and save the lives?
- ZEE5’s edge-of-the-seat thriller concludes the oscillating journey of Karan Sachdeva in the Season Finale special 4 episodes. The story takes a more dramatic and intense turn, as Karan takes the plane in a raging thundercloud. The battle between right and wrong continues to wage in Karan’s mind, the fate of 256 passengers depending on his one decision.
- In these episodes, the focus shifts from Karan and his past, to exploring the supporting characters in depth. A necessary insight into their lives provides a basis for the series to work on and gives the series a multi-layered yet unilateral plot.
- The touch of spirituality is present in various forms; there’s Neeraj Kabi being his zen self, and the flashback each characters have of their life during the turbulent ride gives the ‘your-life-flashing-before-your-eyes-in-the-final-moment’ vibe. Again it refrains from being preachy or boring.
- There are various heart-stopping, intense moments that takes the thriller to a whole new level. The unperceived, big twist regarding Sakshi Tanwar’s character, Kiran Mirza, leaves you reeling, and applauding Sakshi’s stellar performance.
- The ending proves to be the saving grace of The Final Call; in spite of the heartfelt conversations, that tend change the outcome to a happy ending in the mainstream stories, The Final Call ends on a realistic, somewhat sad note, sticking to its essence, leaving you relieved and heartbroken at the same time.
- The ending, which spans to 4 episodes, can seem dragging in several places. You get the feeling that all this could have been wrapped up much earlier.
- Though the character exploration helps in some cases to explore the plot, some of them just stand out as unnecessary and mundane.
The Final Call concludes on a realistic note, intense and thrilling till the end. A satisfactory ending to a bumpy ride.
- The veteran actress Sulbha Arya debuts into the digital world with The Final Call Season Finale.
- Zachary Coffin, Dhruv’s coach, was seen in Amazon Prime’s Made In Heaven, and will be seen in the upcoming web series such as MX Player’s Ikigai, and ALTBalaji’s Verdict, both highly anticipated shows this year.
Watch The Trailer Here:
Also Read: Flip: Web Series Review