The Final Call: Web Series Review
Cast: Arjun Rampal, Javed Jaffrey, Neeraj Kabi, Sakshi Tanwar, Anupriya Goenka, Vipin Sharma, Anshuman Malhotra, Paula McGlynn, Vineet Sharma, Harshal Arora.
Director: Vijay Lalwani.
Language: Hindi, English.
Genre: Mystery Thriller.
Release Date: 22nd February 2019.
Pilot Karan Sachdev is on the last flight of his career, intending to take his life at the end of it. But one tiny mistake and all of his plans take a drastic turn, unravelling his dark and twisted mind. Will the flight turn out to be the last flight for the passengers as well?
- ZEE5 has outdone itself with The Final Call; it is safe to say that it is, by far, the best web series from their lot.
- An edge-of-the-seat thriller, with a touch of spirituality, The Final Call is a wholesome script, that explores every angle of the story, from its concept to its characters, in depth. No stone is left unturned, with every detail brought to attention.
- The series starts with a thrilling scene, hooking you right in, and then goes in the flashback mode to recount the events leading to the opening scene (the theme recurs quite a few times throughout the series), creating a curiosity in viewers’ mind as to find out what happened; and effectively enough maintains the anticipatory factor through all the episodes.
- Arjun Rampal has successfully drawn out Karan Sachdeva, a man with baggage, a ticking time bomb, that could go off with the slightest provocation.
- The character arc of every single role deserves a special mention. Arjun Rampal is the lead, yes, but the supporting characters, from Sakshi Tanwar to Neeraj Kabi, are all in the forefront, playing an equally pivotal role as Arjun himself. Every character is introduced thoroughly, providing an insight into him or her, establishing a firm yet indirect subtext to the plot. All the actors playing their respective roles have done a commendable job at justifying it.
- The unique touch of spirituality to a thriller is refreshing in a way, that it manages to not be preachy or exaggerating. It is mesh of choices and destiny and their interdependence. Kudos to Neeraj Kabi for portraying the zen astrologer brilliantly.
- It fleetingly touches topics such as the black-and-white military approach, women empowerment, and mental health, creating a subtle yet needed impact.
- The music directors have done an amazing job at providing the suitable background music for each sequence, adding to the ambience. The audio-visual execution of the title credit is done in a way that it pretty much gives away the vibe of the series aptly.
- Apart from the fact that it ends on a major cliff-hanger that makes you want to curse fluently, nothing should stop you from giving this series a watch.
A high-powered thriller, suspense drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. Definitely a must watch.
- The Final Call is based on the bestselling author Priya Kumar’s novel I Will Go With You.
- Paula McGlynn, who plays one of the passenger in the series, is the CEO of the prominent content creators in Marathi, Bharatiya Digital Party aka BhaDiPa.
- The Final Call marks Vijay Lalwani’s directorial debut on digital, who is known for his thriller film Karthik Calling Karthik.
Watch The Trailer Here: