The Holiday: Web Series Review
Cast: Adah Sharma, Priyank Sharma, Veer Rajwant Singh, Aashim Gulati, Natasa Stankovic.
Director: Lakshya Raj Anand, Nishant Goyal.
Language: Hindi, English.
Genre: Comedy, Drama.
Channel: The Zoom Studios (YouTube).
Release Date: 13th July 2019.
Mehek is all set to marry the love of her life, without a bachelorette, much to her friends’- Kabir and Patrick– horror. Determined to send her off into the married life with a bang, the guys decide to be her ‘bride squad’ since she doesn’t have any close girlfriends, and hence starts the wild bachelorette of Mehek with her motley group of three guys. Witness the journey of four friends as they live, laugh and cry it up in the exotic Mauritius.
- The Holiday takes viewers on an adventurous and real journey of four childhood friends, with a unique twist. In a society, where questions (and eyebrows) are still raised over a girl and boy being best friends, The Zoom Studios dares to introduce a bachelorette where 3 guys take their best friend, a soon-to-be-bride, on a trip overseas.
- A simple and entertaining screenplay, The Holiday explores friendship on a level we are familiar with. Recounting ghost stories, playing pranks, giving dares, and walking down the memory lanes of good old days, are things we all do during a trip out. They fight and make up, they have secrets and they have inside jokes. Despite the glam and lavish vibe of the series, the characters seem approachable and relevant, with all their quirks and habits.
- Adah (Mehek), Veer (Kabir), Priyank (Patrick) and Aashim (Armaan) are simply marvelous in their character portrayal. Four friends of totally different viewpoints and preferences, they parley it all together so realistically. Mehek’s vibrant & colorful personality, Patrick’s rich brattiness with a touch of innocence, Armaan’s brooding charm, all balanced by the sensible voice of Kabir. The actors make the mishmash of characters meld pretty well.
- The series maintains a perfect balance between justifying the travel aspect of the series with the main plot. The alluring and heavenly Mauritius is portrayed in all its glorious beauty with long and bird’s eye view shots.
- If you came expecting something like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, you’ll be sorely disappointed. The Holiday is a light watch, without much depth, so far. What comes next remains to be seen.
The Holiday is a colorful and entertaining series, which gives a nice reprieve to your constantly working brain. Worth a watch.
- Lakshya Raj Anand and Nishant Goyal, the Directors of The Holiday, make cameo appearances in the series as Mehek’s fiancé Siddharth, and Kabir’s boss, respectively.
- The Holiday marks Adah Sharma’s first web series in the digital space; she made her debut with on the web with ZEE5’s short film Moh.
Watch The Trailer Here:
Also Read: The Trip : Web Series Review