The Good Vibes: Web Series Review
Cast: Naveen Kasturia, Maanvi Gagroo, Rituraj Singh, Anant Mahadevan, Mona Ambegaonkar, Kishori Shahane, Akash Deep Arora, Devika Vatsa.
Director: Sizil Srivastava.
Genre: Drama, Comedy.
Channel: Legrand India (YouTube Channel) and SonyLIV.
Release Date: 7th August, 2018.
Synopsis: The Good Vibes is the story of a newly married couple, Lakshya and Jonita, who are in a sort of arrangement where the husband will not work in the first year of the marriage while the wife works. Lakshya keeps throwing parties all the time while Jonita has to face questions about his ‘No work and All play’ lifestyle. The series follows their journey as they try to tackle the issues in their life and save the marriage as things keep getting complicated and frustrating.
- The first episode does a pretty good job at setting the backdrop of the story as well as introducing the characters and themes – The lead couple, their friends, the partying, the agreement, and the conflict.
- The background score sets the mood for every scene perfectly, be it comedy, emotional, or otherwise.
- The dialogues are well-written as well as witty where they need to be. The characters don’t go over the top with their lines or try to be philosophical.
- The storyline is a perfect blend of comedy, emotions, and conflict. These elements together give the storyline a more realistic touch.
- Great performances by all characters – right from the lead couple, Lakshya (Naveen Kasturia) and Jonita (Maanvi Gagroo), down to the man who played the role of the electrician in the first episode.
- Some of the emotionally charged scenes lack the effectiveness due to an improper build up leading towards the moment. On a similar note, some of the comic scenes are a miss with their delivery. However, these are just a couple of lows in a series and can be neglected.
The series is unique in its concept and the overall performance is great so far. It will be exciting to see what happens next.
- The Good Vibes is sponsored by the French company Legrand, which specializes in electrical equipments and digital infrastructure. The series is their first venture in content creation.
- The lead actors, Naveen Kasturia and Maanvi Gagroo, were also seen together in TVF’s Pitchers.
Note: This review is based on the first two episodes of ‘The Good Vibes’.
Also Read: What’s Your Status: Web Series