Uncle On The Rocks: Review
Cast: Raza Murad, Rohan Khurana, and Mona Mathews.
Director: Vedd V. Rawtaani.
Genre: Romantic comedy.
Channel: Filmy Fiction (YouTube).
Release Date: 4th November 2018.
A 60 year old bachelor Ajay Mathur is nagged by his lonely and loveless life. Taking care of business and his nephew after his brother’s death, he never got the chance to actually fall in love and lead the happily-married-life. In order to remedy that, he seeks out his nephew, Angad, in order to find love- modern style. Angad in turn creates his uncle’s profile on Tinder and finds him a match, a 49 year old Aarti. A meeting over drinks ensues in a hilarious, romantic ride.
- Hats off to Vedd for exploring a concept that has been seldom talked about, and for putting a modern touch, without ruining it.
- Raza Murad, usually seen in a villainous character, is commendable. He pulls off the role of a 60 year old romantic- in search of love- brilliantly.
- The flashback style of storytelling, keeps the viewer glued to the screen in constant anticipation of what happens next.
- The cinematography and background sound could have been a tad better.
- Certain scenes are repeated too much, for e.g., Ajay bribing his nephew for every little information or help on dating. It can be a little boring and unrealistic.
- A thread binding the whole story together, keeping it in a seamless line- making it wholesome- seems to be missing in the film.
If you are in a light romcom mood, without any heavy drama, Uncle On The Rocks is the short you go for.
- Raza Murad previously starred in Filmy Fiction’s comedy web series Pyaar On The Rocks. He has been in the industry since 1965 and can be seen in films such as Prem Rog, Ram Teri Ganga Maili, Jodha Akbar, Padmavat, among many others.
- Rohan Khurana will be seen in Hungama’s new web series Bar Code.
ALSO READ :- Imperfect: Web Series Review