What The Folks Season 2: Review
Cast: Eisha Chopra, Veer Rajwant Singh, Renuka Shahane, Shishir Sharma, Kriti Vij, and Shadab Kamal.
Director: Omar Iyar, Sumeet Arora, Ruchir Arun.
Language: Hindi, English.
Genre: Comedy, Family Drama.
Channel: Dice Media (YouTube).
Release Date: 17th October, 2018.
Nikhil and Anita are all settled in Mumbai, when Nikhil’s parents- the Solankis, decide to pay them a visit. The ever-perfectionist Anita is trying to make sure everything is in order while Nikhil is as chill as ever until his sister arrives. The enigmatic Solankis navigate through the muddy waters of family drama- overcoming hilarious misunderstandings, awkward situations and tons of issues- and realizing that no problem is big enough when you have your family with you, protecting your back.
- In the last season, we met the Sharmas– Anita’s zen, chill family. What The Folks Season 2 the other side of the spectrum, Nikhil’s family, the Solankis, are explored. The difference between the families is explored in fine detail, managing to be familiar yet unique.
- Season 2 is a bit more humorous and realistic with a touch of philosophy, reminding us of our own family and all their little quirks. All the shared anecdotes and memories make the series relatable and highly engaging for the audience.
- The series explores the characters and their relationship by catering to every minute detail, adding credibility to the plot.
- The jolly neighbor played by Saurav Khurana and the charming Dhruv Sehgal as Rohan is a sight for sore eyes, blending in the storyline as perfect cameos.
- The cinematography and background music complements every scene perfectly- be it a romantic moment, a comedy sequence or a serious situation.
- Bonus points for seamless brand integration! The brand partners of What The Folks Season 2, Epigamia, and Pepperfry are fluently included in the plot, without standing out and looking like blatant ads.
- There’s absolutely not one detail that is faulty. The series is P-E-R-F-E-C-T.
You know, that feeling you get after watching a certain film or reading a book? This is so us/me? What The Folks Season 2 give that feeling. A must watch for the light comedy and break from the stereotypical saas-bahu family drama.
- Renuka Shahane, the veteran TV and film actor, marks her web debut with this series.
- Shishir Sharma has previously worked in two web series namely- Permanent Roommates (TVF) and Rise (Cheers!)
Watch The Trailer Here:
Also read: What the Folks: Web Series Review
Also read: Mirzapur: Web Series Review