Whispering In The Wood, Parchhayee, Episode 12: Review
Cast: Jay Bhanushali, Plabita Borthakur, Ira Dubey, Sukhmani Sadana, Vikram Bhui.
Director: Suman Mukhopadhyay.
Genre: Mystery, Horror.
Release Date: 25th June 2019.
Joy and Neelam get lost in their trekking expedition in the mountains where they meet the Edward sisters- Suzanne and Rima. They run a family business of killing men. Yes, they have their very own jungle, each tree a token of all the men that fell victim to their scheme. Will Joy be able to resist their test, and if not will Neelam succeed in saving her?
- Whispering In The Wood, the final episode of ZEE5’s Parchhayee: Ghost Stories by Ruskin Bond, brings you an episode filled with mystery, horror and high anticipation that keeps you waiting on baited breath for ‘what’s next’.
- The story revolves around two sisters, who keep on carrying forward the family business of murdering men and putting them in the backyard marked with a tree. The cliché ‘All men are the same’ is taken quite seriously by them, and each and every single man they lure never seems to pass their test of credibility.
- The restrained heartlessness and cold killer personality of the Edward sisters is effortlessly portrayed by Ira Dubey and Sukhmani Sadana who play Rima and Suzanne Jay Bhanushali and Plabita Borthakur, the latest victims of the sisters, are perfect in their roles as clueless trekkers who are the latest victims to the sisters’ age long rituals. The actors’ performances sublimate the story to a whole new level.
- The cinematography and background music enhances the effect of the plot.
- The final episode of the long-running Parchhayee fails to go out with the bang we expected, keeping in mind some of the best episode it did deliver and also the stellar cast of the episode. It builds up the mystery with a high-strung anticipation only to finish without a proper conclusion. The story is half-baked and unfinished, leaving you hugely unsatisfied and disappointed.
- Midway through the episode, a small disturbance breaks the link. It’s such a small clip, a snippet from the previous episode, easy enough to miss within the blink of an eye, but causes you to jerk out of the plot in the very instant.
Parchhayee’s final episode builds up the story to an epitome and leaves it hanging unsatisfactorily.
- Jay Bhanushali enters the Web world with ZEE5’s Parchhayee, marking his debut.
- The final episode of Parchhayee marks Ira Dubey’s debut in the world of Web Series; she was previously seen on Web with Blush’s short film Chhoti.
- The Lipstick Under My Burkha famed Plabita Borthakur previously featured in web series by Ultra Shots titled What’s Your Status and Voot’s Fuh Se Fantasy.
- Sukhmani Sadana made her digital debut with Netflix’s Sacred Games as Bunty’s sister, and will be seen in SonyLIV’s The Heartbreak Hotel, and Applause Entertainment’s Udan Patolas.
Watch The Trailer Here:
Also Read: Ishq Ki Googly: Short Film Review