Wilson’s Bridge, Parchhayee, Episode 4: Review
Cast: Chandan Roy Sanyal, Priyanka Bose, Saheb Bhattacharya, Teena Singh, Suhail Nayar, Raimondas, Divina Singh, Shireesh Doval.
Director: Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury.
Language: Hindi, English.
Genre: Thriller, Horror.
Release Date: 26th February 2019.
A group of friends, two married couples and a single friend, are out in the mountains for a vacation where they encounter the lore of Gulabi and the Wilson’s Bridge. A story of unfaithfulness and death, is it Gulabi who jumps off the bridge every time or a new victim with the same story?
- Wilson’s Bridge is a mild horror and a strong thriller, that revolves around Gulabi, a mountain girl who fell in love with a British officer, Wilson, 150 years ago, later committing suicide from the bridge her husband built. Flash forward to the present, where a group of friends are in the mountains for a reprieve and get sucked into repeating the history.
- The chilling tale of adultery and unfaithfulness has the strong Ruskin Bond touch- it’s not always ghosts or spirits that are the bad guys or the reason behind ominous happenings. Sometimes it’s just reality and real people who are the cause and effect of things happening around us.
- Each character is explored in detail and succinctly, giving a clear view of who stands where and why. The ending twist doesn’t feel as if it comes out of nowhere, because we know the characters and what they are capable of doing or have done. All the actors have done an amazing job at doing justice to their characters, in the limited screen time.
- The cinematography perfectly supports the mysterious and curious vibe of the story, accompanied by the equally apt background score, used where necessary.
- Not a thing.
Wilson’s Bridge is a perfect blend of supernatural and reality, that is definitely worth a watch.
- Parchhayee marks Chandan Roy Sanyal’s debut in the world of web series; he can be seen in various short films, though, such as Viva Sunita!, W:/M:, The White Canvas, Azaad, and The Thief, among others.
- Teena Singh can be seen in various web series such as Hungama’s Hunkaar and Bar Code, and Viu’s 13 Mussoorie. She also made a brief cameo appearance in Netflix’s magnanimous series Sense8.
- Suhail Nayar will be seen in Netflix’s Bard of Blood; he previously featured in ALTBalaji’s The Test Case.
Watch The Trailer Here: