Yeh Crazy Dil : Web Series Review
Cast: Adeeb Rais, Zoa Morani, Karan Mally, Akshay Anand Kohli, Akashdeep Arora, Ashima Sharma, Shalaka Halkar, Deepika Khanna.
Director: Adeeb Rais.
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy.
Channel: MX Player.
Release Date: 15th November, 2018.
Synopsis: Set amidst the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, Yeh Crazy Dil follows the lives of the couple, Addy and Koyal, who end their relationship on not-so-good terms and decide to go different ways. On their journey of discovering love again, they face various difficult and messy situations and their past keeps coming back. Will they be able to move on?
- Yeh Crazy Dil is one of those little slices of life dramas that manage to keep you hooked on to the story.
- The lead characters have depth, and the youth will be able to relate to the characters in many ways. The audience will get attached to the characters in the first episode itself.
- The storyline is written well. It does not rely on excessive dramatization or extravagance. The simplicity of the story is what works, and gives a more realistic touch to it.
- There is a seamless blend of emotions and humor, each being used efficiently wherever required. One of the hilarious scenes is when the daughter catches her mother coming home late from partying and drinking. The scene where Addy tries to speak Marathi will crack you up.
- The web series highlights various problems faced by modern independent urban youth – relationships, managing expenses, building a career and job stability, the stress and frustration faced, etc.
- Adeeb Rais, who plays the role of Addy, deserves applause – considering that he is the lead actor, the director, as well as the writer of Yeh Crazy Dil.
- The cinematography can be a little better in terms of quality, and the editing seems a little choppy at times.
- While the main characters have depth, the supporting characters are uni-dimensional and mostly used as a convenience to keep the story moving instead of playing a part in the plot.
Yeh Crazy Dil is good at its representation of the ‘not fun’ part of the urban youth in current society.
- Adeeb Rais is known for writing and directing the Shabana Azmi-starrer short film, Aunty Ji.
- Zoa Morani was also a part of the ALTBalaji web series, Akoori.
Watch the series on MX Player’s website
Also Read: Broken But Beautiful: Web Series Review